The annual summer edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine is now on newsstands all across Texas, and this year’s cover is green and gold all over — specifically, Baylor green and gold. The 55th installment of the Southwest’s leading football source came out Friday, June 20, and features Baylor University Head Coach Art Briles, Quarterback Bryce Petty and Wide Receiver Antwan Goodley.
The “bible of Texas football” covers college and high school football in Texas as no other publication can. Among the features in the 2014 Summer Edition are:
- The Preseason All-Texas College Team, honoring the top college players in the state;
- The annual Super Teams and Top 300, honoring the top recruits in the state;
- In-depth analysis of each in-state FBS program’s 2014 team, plus coverage of Texas’ FCS, DII, DIII and JUCO teams;
- The coveted Coverboy spot for every high school classification; and,
- An individual preview of every high school team in Texas — more than 1,400 in all!
- Expanded high school rankings;
- An illuminating main feature on Art Briles and the Baylor program by Texas Monthly’s Jason Cohen;
- Picks and predictions for all Texas colleges and regional rivals;
- An expanded national college football preview; and,
- An expanded private high school section, featuring more private schools than ever.
Champion is proud to manage publicity for DCTF and Sports in Action, LLC, which owns the exclusive license to operate the brand.